Wednesday, September 28, 2016
|7:50 AM - 9:10 AM||A Block|
|9:20 AM - 10:40 AM||B Block|
|10:40 AM – 11:10 AM||B Study Hall|
|11:10 AM - 12:05 PM||Lunch|
|12:10 PM - 1:30 PM||C Block|
|1:40 PM - 3:00 PM||D Block|
Snack SalesPlease excuse Mari Harwit and Ellen Hughes 5 minutes before the bell rings to prepare for snack sales. Thank you!
Winter Sports Sign-ups
Aloha! If you are interested in participating on a La Pietra Lady Panthers or Pac-5 Wolfpack sports team this Winter and did not get a chance to sign-up during the Club Sign-up Co-Curr, please stop by the Athletic Office up at the gym to sign-up. The sports offered this Winter Sports Season are:
- Intermediate & Varsity Basketball (7th-12th grade)
- Intermediate Tennis (7th-9th grade)
- 6th Grade Volleyball
- Pac-5 Soccer (7th-12th grade)
- Pac-5 Swimming (7th-12th grade)
- Pac-5 JV & Varsity Canoe Paddling (9th-12th grade)
- Pac-5 Wrestling (7th-12th grade)
We need submissions! Sep-12 to Sep-30The La Pietra Newspaper members are looking for student writing, art, photography, etc. If you have any questions/submissions please email them to Catherine Middleton or Lanihuli Gilbert. We look forward to seeing your work!
Submit Your Photo To The Yearbook! Sep-16 to Sep-30Here is your time to shine in our yearbook. If you have a favorite outfit that you love so much, then this is your opportunity to share it with the school! Please send a full body picture from head to toe showing us all the elements of your favorite outfit including your shoes, jewelry, clothes, make-up, hats, etc. If your photo is picked, then you will be asked to come in another day to take more pictures of you in your outfit for our All School Speak Out page. Submit your photo with your name and grade to Mrs. Holly Christopher. We can't wait to see all of the cool styles our school has in store!
College Visits for the week of Sept. 26-30th Sep-20 to Sep-30
Below is the list of colleges for the week of 9/26-30. If you would like to attend, please email Mrs. A.T. a couple of days in advance of the visiting college for approval. As a reminder, it is the student’s responsibility to check in with their teacher for missed work, content, etc. You must have a confirmation e-mail from Mrs. A.T. to attend the visit. You can also view upcoming college visits, by visiting LaPietra.edu.Monday, 9/26:
- 12:30 PM - Linfield College (Conf. Room)
- 8:30 AM - Northeastern University (Conf. Room)
- 12:15PM - UH Manoa (Conf. Room)
- 1:45PM - USC (Conf. Room)
- 9:30 AM - Evergreen College (TBA)
- 12:00 PM - Goucher College (TBA)
Shakespeare Competition and Poetry Out Loud Contest Sep-23 to Sep-29
Attention Upper School Students: If you are interested in participating in the School Shakespeare Competition or the Poetry Out Loud Contest, please come to our first meeting, THURSDAY, September 29 during C Block Study Hall in Mrs. Ingram's Room. No experience necessary--but enthusiasm is.
Student Council Meetings This Week Sep-27 to Sep-28
Below are the dates and times that the Student Council will be meeting in Mrs. Gibson's class this week:
- Tuesday (11:30 am): Halloween Committee
- Wednesday (11:15 am): Class Reps & Winter Ball Committee (and any HS Class Officers who want to help select the theme)
- Wednesday (11:35 am): Breast Cancer Awareness Committee
College Visits for the Week of October 3 -5 Sep-28 to Oct-05
Below is the list of colleges visiting for the week of 10/3-5. If you are interested in attending, please let Mrs. A.T. know ASAP. Take advantage of the two colleges visiting on 10/3!
- 9:30 AM: Providence College (RI), Conference Room
- 9:30 AM: Wheaton College (MA), Conference Room
- 12:10 PM: Loyola Marymount University (CA), Conference Room
- 8:00 AM: Reed College (OR), Conference Room
- 10:30 AM: Whitman College (WA), Conference Room
- 12:30 AM: Willamette College (OR), Conference Room
- 2:00 PM: Centre College (KY), Conference Room
Drama Students To Perform This Thursday & Friday! Sep-28 to Sep-30
Mrs. Boggis' Drama students are nearing the end of the term and are seeking guest audiences to watch their performances:
- A Block Middle School Students will be performing to "The Story of Nellie Bly." The story is about America's first woman investigative reporter, Nellie Bly, and how she overcame great obstacles to set a high standard for journalism in the 1880's. Two performances will be held in the LP Drama room:
- Thursday, September 29 at 8:30 am - 9:00 am
- Friday, September 30 at 8:30 am - 9:00 am
- C Block Intro To Theatre Students will be performing to "Pride and Prejudice." A Jane Austin story about love and respect.
- Thursday, September 29 at 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
- Friday, September 30 at 12:30 - 1:00 pm
- D Block Intro To Theatre Students will be performing to "Dear Journal." A collection of monologues and diaglogue that reveal the joys and challenges of teenage students.
- Thursday, September 29 at 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Friday, September 30 at 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Please e-mail Mrs. Boggis if you are intertested in attending any of the performances. The invitation is open to all students, parents, and faculty.
La Pietra & Hawaii Food Bank Drive Sep-26 to Oct-26
Please join Mrs.Douglass's and Mrs. Lesnick's Huis in collecting food donations on behalf of the Hawaii Food Bank . Our goal is for each LP student/parent(s)/faculty to donate ONE canned good/non-perishable item; items can be dropped off in Cooke Hall 3 or the Gary Room between September 26 and October 26, 2016. Lets share our La Pietra Kahiau with our local community.
Traffic Reminders Sep-26 to Sep-30Traffic Reminders: Please remember to drop off students in the front lot only. When awaiting students for pick-up, please park in the guest parking area. Do not park in the front of the Front Lawn or in front of the art courtyard as it may cause back-ups as others come up the hill. Remember to go slow while on campus and to come to a complete stop at the bottom of the hill. Do not go around the speed bumps as that can be very dangerous to on-coming traffic coming up the driveway. Safety first!
Yearbook Class Day Photos Are Needed! Sep-21 to Oct-05ATTENTION CLASS ADVISORS AND STUDENTS: Please send your photos from Class Day to Emily Rogers in order for them to be included in this year's 2016-17 La Pietra Yearbook. Submit your photo(s) no later than October 5.
Middle School Travel Abroad to England Summer 2017 Sep-23 to Sep-30ATTENTION MIDDLE SCHOOLERS: This is a reminder that Luke Liddle with the Independent Schools Cultural Alliance (ISCA) will be at La Pietra on Friday, September 30 from 2:30 - 3:30 pm in the Conference Room to talk and answer any questions you may have about the ISCA Summer Abroad Program to England. There is no obligation. Please contact Mrs. Chinen if you are interested in attending.
8th Grade Treasurer Election Results Sep-26 to Sep-29
Thank you to the candidates who put in the time and effort to run for a position on Middle School Congress this year. The following students have been elected as class officers:
- Class of 2021 (8th Grade): Daphnee Kobatake— Treasurer
Attention all Middle School (MS) class officers: The first MS Congress meeting is Thursday, September 29th at lunch in CH4 with Ms. Ratuiste.
FridayFest #1 Sep-28 to Sep-30
ATTENTION Middle Schoolers: Ready to celebrate the end of Term 1? Come join us at: FRIDAYFEST #1 on October 7 from 2-4 pm at Kaimana Beach.
To attend, please sign the permission form attached below and return by Monday, October 3 to the front office.
Be sure to bring your beach gear for the afternoon. We will meet on the Great Lawn at 1:30 and walk down to the beach. Parents must pick up your daughter by 4:00 pm. Lifeguard and refreshments provided.
Click the following link to download or display the document.
PFA Mother-Daughter Celebration Sep-26 to Sep-29
Reminder: If you haven’t purchased your tickets to the Mother & Daughter Event, please visit www.LaPietra.edu to register or click on the attachment below. September 29th is the last day for prices to be at $20 per person. Tickets on the day of the event will be $25.00
The 2016 Mother & Daughter Celebration will be held on the La Pietra campus September 30, 2016 from 5:30-8:00pm. It is a great way to meet your daughter’s fellow students (and their Moms!) and is a favorite among students and parents alike. This year’s theme is “Remember the 80’s?” So Moms,get out those 80's dresses and jeans! Be prepared to join in on the GROUP Twister Game planned.
The PFA is also looking for DAD volunteers to help with the event. If you are able to assist with volunteering, please contact the PFA at lapietraPFA@gmail.com.
Click the following link to download or display the document.
Submit An Announcement
Submit your own announcement. For security you must know what animal is the school's mascot.
Subscribe to receive announcements via email.